24 Hour Emergency Services Available – On call between 8pm to 8am
Please Call Ahead! – 778-753-3507
We provide medical emergency services to dogs and cats 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Our 24 hour animal hospital in Kelowna provides the maximum level of care and technology for critically ill dogs and cats. We also handle less urgent medical and surgical procedures. Our veterinarian is experienced in all types of conditions and treatments.
Should your pet become injured, or suddenly develop a life threatening illness, we are equipped to administer immediate emergency care. Our emergency veterinary team will monitor your pet closely and provide life support measures in our intensive care unit (ICU).
Our 24 hour animal hospital veterinarian will work quickly to assist your pet.
You can help us expedite the process by doing the following:
- CALL AHEAD to alert us of your arrival and the nature of the emergency – our hospital is not staffed 24/7, but we have doctors on call at all times, so we must know you are coming in order to be prepared!
- BE PREPARED to answer questions about the history of your pet’s health
- REMEMBER TO BRING your payment method (cash, credit, debit or check), proof of health insurance (if applicable) and your pet’s health records
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian can assist in all of the following situations:
- Injuries such fractures, burns, lacerations, and bites
- Vehicle accidents
- Bleeding wounds
- Respiratory issues such as breathing difficulty, choking
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Blood in urine or feces
- Shock, unconsciousness
- Tremors, staggering, dizziness
- Poisoned, toxic reaction
- Labor and delivery complications
- Difficulty with bowel movement, eliminating urine
- Abdominal swelling, hardness, pain
- Inability to eat
- Post-operative or post-anesthetic issues
- Pain management
- Tumors or masses
- Pale, bruised, or blue gum color
ICU’s specialized services and equipment:
- 24-hour care and monitoring by veterinarian and nurses
- In house lab for immediate blood test results
- Emergency surgery with our animal hospital surgical team
- Digital X-ray machine
- Pulse-Oximetry, End-Tidal CO2, blood pressure and continuous ECG monitoring
- Continuous rate infusion for IV fluids and medications
- Oxygen therapy
- Advanced pain management
- In-house pharmacy for prescriptions your pet might need
Our 24 hour animal hospital in Kelowna is located at 156 Asher Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 3H6
If you have a question, please call us at 778-753-3507 or email us and we will promptly get back to you.
We provide many resources for you to learn about how to take better care of your pets. Browse around our website and check out our articles and pet videos.